Friday, May 20, 2011

Here we go

Well, I know I don't have any followers yet, but  hopefully that will change real soon.

It's been a hectic week here. My oldest daughter, Nicole, decided she wanted to volunteer at the animal shelter, but if that wasn't enough, she also decided to foster kittens. We got our first litterlast Friday. There are five of them and they are only a month old. All was going great until Monday when they all started with the sniffles and watery eyes and it's been crazy ever since. All the kitties got put on antibiotics. They have been great about taking their medicine, and seemed to be getting better. That is until Tuesday evening when one of them started to get worse. So, back to the vet we went. He was put on a stronger antibiotic and we were told he has a bad sinus infection. Well, who knew kitties could get sinus infections. I sure didn't. LOL. He is not doing so good. Nicole and I have been monitoring him to make sure he eats and we're giving him water and medicine from a syringe. Today he woke up with very puffy, red eyes so we called the clinic again. They told us to get some chamomile tea and put a drop in each eye. Who would have thought to put tea in the poor kitties eyes. Not me. This poor kitten probably thinks we are torturing him. He is so cute and sweet. I just wish he would get better. Please pray for Midnight.

Now if that wasn't enough, my younger daughter, Jayna, started getting sick on Tuesday and has continued to get worse each day. Yesterday the fever started and by the middle of the night she was running a 102.4 fever. So off to the clinic we went. She has a virus, and she thinks she's dying. Oh how she whines when she's sick. I think I need a vacation from all the sickies....A vacation where I can scrap the whole time. Now that would be awesome. I haven't even had time to scrap this week with all the sickies and doctor/vet appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment